Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Familia Eterna

4/25/11

Dearest Family,

¡¡¡¡CONGRATULATIONS TO THE HIGH SCHOOL MUS…. I MEAN, BYU GRADUATES!!!! (I LOVED the picture!)

You all sound so busy and so happy! I´m happy to notice that Jack´s completely grown up, Abby´s probably breaking every boy´s heart, Elizabeth is taking the reigns on the internal side of things, Ben and Jackie are still in love and as dedicated and ready for the future as ever, and that the only thing constant in Mom and Dad´s marriage is CHANGE! J I feel so blessed to be part of this wonderful family!

I had a LOT of experiences this week with broken families. It breaks my heart every time I have to hear about divorce issues, affairs, different husbands or wives, abuse, etc. South America is rampant with marriage problems. But I guess the rest of the world is too. Fidelity and chastity are SO important! There is a reason why the Lord gives us these commandments!

I am so grateful for Dad and his love for Mom. I am so grateful that they keep their temple covenants! Thank you for your example! I wish Pringles could see that it IS possible! Almost every day I show pictures of Ben and Jackie´s wedding that Mom sent me. Everyone ohhh´s and awww´s about how beautiful Jackie is and how dashing Ben looks. But I always tell them the BEST part of it is that it is for ETERNITY – that this marriage will last forever as long as they both stay faithful to their covenants. Thanks to Ben and Jackie for being wonderful examples for everyone!

This week was a FUN week in Pringles as a missionary! We were blessed with MANY new investigadores and many with fechas bautismales. On top of all of that… ELENA WENT TO CHURCH!!!!!!! And… HOPES TO BE BAPTIZED THIS WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elena, una abuelita that is an antigua investigadora, said that she´s ready to be BAPTIZED this week!!!!!! But she needs a LOT of prayers… she has to stop smoking completely to be interviewed on Friday and baptized on Saturday. As a misión, we´re trying to baptized more than 100 people. That would break a misión record that hasn´t been broken in a few years – so we are praying fervently to have Elena baptized so that we might bring one more soul into the Lord´s fold!

We just started teaching a reference of a different reference – a young couple named Jonathan y Carolina. They are having marriage problems – probably because he is 21 and she is 17 and they were forced into a marriage. They have a Little toddler named Daniel (he is SOOO cute!). I shared the pictures of Ben and Jackie´s wedding – pictures of the family and everything. They loved it! I also gave them the movie Together Forever that they want to see. Jonathan said the closing prayer and Carolina said she would get baptized if she found out that the Book of Mormón is true. I really really love them!!! I hope they can have an eternal family!

Transfers – we will be finding about about transfers this week. I am SOO nervous! I don´t want to leave Pringles! I told President that I am so grateful for all of the miracles and blessings I have seen here in Pringles and that no matter if I leave or stay, I want to give my ALL – my heart, might, mind, and strength to these wonderful people! I truly love them – I hope and pray for their salvation constantly!

I´m sorry but we haven´t been able to find Juan Manuel… but he will get baptized one day, I felt it.

I love all of you SOOOO much!!! Please pray for Elena and her baptism this Saturday!!!! Pray for Jonathan and Carolina – for the menos activos in Pringles!

I love the Lord with all my heart – I am priveleged to be His servant full time. However, I know that each and every one of you are full time servants of the Lord – you just fault the tag.

¡¡¡Ánimo y adelante!!!

Con amor,

Hermana Tingey

No comments:

Post a Comment