Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Pte. Arnold of the 70

6/27/11

¡Hola familia!

¿Cómo están todos? Gracias a Papá y Mamá por sus cartas siempre – y a todos ustedes por sus oraciones y amor.

I´m so happy that Dad´s back in London! What wonderful and exciting adventures – THANKS for the pictures!!! LOVED THEM!!! (Wow, WHO IS THE RED HEAD?!?!?! Wow has Jack grown up! And the BEAUTIFUL girl with bangs?! ABBY CAKES?!)

Presidente Mervyn B. Arnold from the first quorum of the seventy came and spoke to us this week! He is an inspired man of God!

Rendir Cuentas (Accountability in English)

He said that after being Presidente de Area en Brazil that he had to stand in front of the Quorum of the Twelve and account for his efforts for 40 minutes! I have been studying and learning about accountability – it´s so important! Pte. Arnold said, ¨If you don´t think accountability is important to Heavenly Father, you do not understand what is taught in the temple.¨

He told us that PLANNING makes all the difference. He said that a business man helped him and his wife plan out 18 pages of their life´s goals – and that he has completed ALL of them, except for 7 that were, ¨unnecessary (like having a helicopter). He said that at the age of 45 he retired and dedicated his life for the work of the Lord.

Pte. Arnold taught us so much - I will have to share all of my notes another day. I am so grateful for my Presidente de misión, too. He is also an inspired man of God!

This week we found a family – La Familia Saldivia. El papá, Ruben, is a gaucho! He works in the campo and has vacas (cows) and caballos (horses). La mamá, Paola, is a stay at home Mom with 5 children! The oldest two, Ruben and Ricardo, work with the horses. This family is humble, loving and very hardworking. When we walked in I looked around and saw that their house was empty – they have a table, few chairs, a stove, an old televisor and a salamandra to heat the house. I haven´t seen food in their house.

The other day we were teaching them and asked if we could pray. We all knelt down and I offered the prayer. I felt the Spirit so strongly – as they all were reverent and listened to the prayer. Families are meant to be forever! They need the gospel!

Ruben and Paola need to get married to get baptized, so we are working with the casamiento. I love this family! I pray fervently that they will be able to keep their commitments and get baptized together! The gospel would be such a huge blessing in their lives!

I´ve set a few goals and I´m smiling and enjoying every moment. I´m trying to talk to as many people as I can – I´m trying to finish with just as much honor as I started.

I am so very grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ. This week I read in John 15, where Christ says, ¨There is no greater love than he who gives his life for his friends.... YOU are my friends.¨ I felt the Spirit testifying to me of the atonement; and that my deber as a full-time missionary is to give my life to my friends, these wonderful Argentine people. Christ lives!

¡Ánimo, adelante... a amar, servir y bautizar!

Hermana Tingey

No comments:

Post a Comment