Monday, January 24, 2011

La Obra

Queridos, 1/10/11

LONDON?! WOOHOOO!!! What a wonderful family adventure! I am SO excited for Mom and Dad and Abby and Jack - living the dream! Just a heads up - I will get home at the end of July, so it would be SOOO fun to save the family vacations and do them together, if that´s at all possible!

Gastón, Romina, and Olga all came to church AGAIN!! The same crew from last week! Gastón even came with a white shirt and dark slakes - everyone says he already looks like a member!

Gastón went to a singles dance and FHE! He´s being fellowshipped pero de diez! He loves our chats and loves learning about everything. He still struggles with some differences in doctrine, but he´s willing and open to learn. ¡Gastón is truly a milagro!

We are really hoping and praying that Romina will get baptized pronto! This weekend - please pray for her to have the courage to make this covenant with God! She´s very timid and gentle - having suffered from abuse and emotional issues much of her life - she just needs to do have faith in Christ and use his atonement in her life.

Olga is full of personality and big, wet kisses on the check! She´s the sweetest person in the world, but doesn´t understand the charlas very well. Olga´s son is SO great - he understands the lessons a lot better than she does. He just works on Sunday mornings - :(. We´re hoping to get them both reading and praying better.

Presidente Detlefsen wrote me this week and it made my day! He expressed his love for me and said that I am a, ¨gran misionera¨ and said I should not doubt. I needed to hear that - I am ready to have full faith in the Lord.

We contacted a man washing his car - he said his oldest daughter and her husband recently joined our church (about a month ago) and his other daughter is going to serve a mission in Paraguay. We invited him(Osvaldo) to church and he said maybe, but maybe one day his daughter will convince him of our faith. I know the Lord puts us in the right places because we needed to contact Osvaldo and talk to him about our
church. He is part of an incomplete family - HE is the incomplete part! We hope and pray that Osvaldo will read the Book of Mormon.

We don´t have a a lot of investigadores, but we´re clapping/knocking doors and doing everything we can! Hermana Freeman and I are enjoying ice cream and facturas every once in a while and laughing about our similarities - she loves the Man from Snowy River! :)

No unhallowed hand can stop the work of the Lord. I love my Savior and Redeemer - I am grateful for this unique opportunity to get to know him - in hard, rigorous, difficult, sweet, peaceful, wonderful circumstances!

¡Ánimo y adelante!

LOVE YOU!!!

Hermana Tingey

No comments:

Post a Comment